Pediatric Dentistry is the branch of dentistry dealing with children from birth through adolescence. Pediatric dental treatment and disease determent is arranged for children up to 14 years of age, with certain facilities for infant and new-born’s. Services afford enter athletic mouth guard, fillings sealants, fluoride treatment, and space maintainers. Pediatric dentists improve the dental health of children as well as deliver as educational resources for parents. It is approved by the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) and American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry (AAPD) and that a dental visit should occur within six months after the existence of the first tooth or by a child's first birthday.
· Diagnosing oral diseases
· Promoting oral health such as cleanings, fluoride treatments
· Monitoring growth and development of the teeth and jaws
· Performing surgical procedures on the teeth, bone and smooth tissues in Oral Cavity
· Repairing or filing of decaying teeth
· Fixing dental injuries, including fractured, displaced, and knocked out teeth